View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:32 AM
MJ406
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 MJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,018.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
It's already restricted because it's illegal. It would be restricted availability in the same way that alcohol and tobacco are restricted. And those people could be provided with treatment.

By the way currently drug addiction can be considered a mitigating circumstance when sentencing for related crime. In my world it would not be. The penalty for crimes committed under the influence of drugs would be higher, drug use would be an aggravating factor. But you can only declare drugs aggravating if you have treatment plans fully available.

Wow, you're absolutely right. That would never happen if drugs were illegal.
What's your point? You don't have to be a wise ass about it, look at when the Jordan XI's released last year

There's something completely legal, a frikin shoe of all items, yet in some places people were going absolutely nuts over them, breaking into malls and in some cases even killing each other over them.

and this is all for a shoe. Super limited mind you, but if you ask me at $185 or what, just an over priced, hyped up luxury item

even with addictive drugs now legal (hypothetical) you just have to be careful because people do stupid sh*t

again look at the AJ example, if you ask me breaking into a mall for a pair of shoes is pretty f*cking idiotic, but that didn't stop people

restricting availability with drugs IMO is the best way to go, you just have to be careful about the potential backlash

**look at how crazy it was for a shoe (i don't care how limited the AJ 11's are it's still a shoe)

but with drugs you're dealing with an addictive substance and precautions have to be taken