Originally Posted by rightsideup
He Just blew through Hearns . Any thoughts?
1) Duran and Leonard had better punch resitance than Thomas Hearns.
2) Duran and Leonard didn't piss Hagler off the way Thomas Hearns did in round 1.
3) In the case of the Leonard fight, Hagler simply was in decline. He wasn't the force he was back in 1985.
4) When Hagler met Duran, Duran was in decent shape and was still pretty wily.
5) Hearn's weakness and lack of apparent stamina in the Hagler fight was blamed on a sports massage before the fight. Realistically, that fight should have lasted longer.
6) Hagler's punching power was respectable but not startling, he was no pound for pound middleweight Tyson equivalent. Mugabi and indeed Hearns were much heavier punchers at middleweight.....later Julian Jackson too.