View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 PM
ANDROIDISM
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.22
Total Points: 9,790,972,112.13
No Message - arraamis 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBreakbeat View Post
Steve Jobs wins: Adobe Flash for Android dies tomorrow
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 · 3:02 pm · 1 Comment

Tomorrow, Adobe will disable new installs of Flash on Android, effectively cutting it off from the future of the mobile web — despite the company’s historical assertion that Flash would enable the ‘full web experience’ on mobile devices,” T.C. Sottek reports for The verge. “Instead, Adobe surrendered the major mobile battlegrounds and pledged allegiance to HTML5.”

“Adobe had grand plans for mobile Flash, but the company met a sizable early wall when Apple refused to adopt it,” Sottek reports. “Despite the company’s push to get Flash on all platforms with its Open Screen Project, it never solved iOS support under Steve Jobs, who famously fought against Flash in favor of HTML5.”

Sottek reports, “It’s hard to imagine Flash’s ongoing relevance in a world that’s increasingly mobile, and Adobe’s support for HTML5 doesn’t bode well for the plugin: in a web with increasingly less Flash, HTML5 will soon provide the ‘full web experience’ for most users.”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen believed his firm didn’t need Apple, the iPhone, or the iPad.

He thought wrong.

Sleep tight, Shantanu.
And Adobe's decision had nothing to do with Apple, although you wouldn't know that since you have your head stuck up your azz so far in dailymac links. Steve and fan boys have been talking about HTLM5 for the past 4 years as "the future" sadly you idiots had no idea that Jobs was only saying that to justify his war he had with Adobe (and everyone else in fact) and made you clowns actually believe that. For 5 years now you guys have had "the most advanced phone" yet couldn't even watch flash videos. This all reminds me of when i was young and I would ask for something only to have my father tell me he'll get me something better next time. Only difference is my father delivered your father left you hanging in his tomb.