View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:38 PM
timboslice708
Banned

Rep Power: 0 timboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,048,632.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
This is just your opinion though, you aren't posting facts. Your opinion holds no more weight than the next person's. I don't feel as if May is the perfect fighter, but I'd be hard pressed to name a bunch of fighters that I feel have better styles. Take RJJ for instance, as great as he was in his prime, I don't feel as if he has ever been as skilled as Mayweather is. RJJ's style is inferior to Mayweather's, in my opinion.
I completely understand where your coming from. Yes, Roy depended more on his athleticism, but we cant fault him for that. He was born with those tools. But, you also have to take into consideration, his punching power/speed/reflexes are attributed to his athleticism. Same with Ray Rob and Floyd, but he was just the ultimate at being effective with his athleticism. Sports is mainly about whose the most athletic/explosive/fastest/strongest whatever you want to call it. His defense wasn't the most technical, but he rarely got touched in his prime due to his athleticism, so i consider that the best trait to have.