View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,069,943.08
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

Its a loss big deal! He rushed in and got caught he had no respect for his opponent and he paid for his immaturity! Its possible he could have out boxed Garcia just as its possible he could get stopped in the last round. Its a mistake and he needs to correct his Method to winning and get his techniques in order and fight a fight with HIS abilities. He needs to realize he is a boxer with combinations and using foot work along with hand speed.
He needs to adopt the philosophy that Pep used years ago "hit and NOT get hit". Dominant one round at a time using speed and spacings and get a trainer who can guide him on these techniques. I think he punches effectively enough to get respect and as long as he accepts the facts that heavy exchanges are not part of his method to winning he could do very well.
I don't believe that its Freddys fault at all, I think Freddy was teaching the kid how to take control with effective pressure but the kid lost respect for his opponent and got caught, it happens. Just because these kids today have 30 and 40 fights doesn't mean a damn thing because 85% of their opponents are "hand picked" guys that their supposed to beat for one or two or three reasons. Fighting trial horses doesn't need to go over 12 bouts when a fighter has an amatuer background and has talent!
He needs to learn the skills a master boxer employs and if he excepts this he might be very good at it. Ray Corso