View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 04:23 AM
danthepoetman
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 3 danthepoetman is a splendid one to beholddanthepoetman is a splendid one to beholddanthepoetman is a splendid one to beholddanthepoetman is a splendid one to beholddanthepoetman is a splendid one to beholddanthepoetman is a splendid one to beholddanthepoetman is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,148.46

Poet, Chavez was one of the two best fighters in the world for close to 10 years. A 4 division champion (let***8217;s make it two for what things were like in the past). He also was the most active champion of his era by far, and went 86 fights without a defeat. He was one of the best body punchers ever and is very probably the best Mexican fighter ever. He has beaten amongst many others Ruben Castillo, Roger Mayweather, Juan Laporte, Rocky Lockridge, Sammy Fuentes, Rafael Limon, Mario Martinez, Greg Haugen, Hector Camacho, Edwin Rosario, Jose Luis Ramirez, Meldrick Taylor (yes! he did!). Do I think he should fit in there? ***8230;yeah! I do.
In my opinion, Chavez should be ranked at the bottom of a top 20. For argument***8217;s sake, I could accept to see him at 25 or maybe even at 30, but I think it***8217;s ridiculous to give in for that present fashion in denigrating the accomplishment of that great champion. That***8217;s one thing I don***8217;t like with us, boxing fans, at times: I find we***8217;re a bit too fast on criticizing people who have given us so much passion at such a high price. I suggest we don***8217;t do that for Julio Cesar Chavez, and not anymore for any great champion.
Besides did you intended to say Bob Fitzimon was better? really?

Last edited by danthepoetman; 08-04-2012 at 04:26 AM.