View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Luilun
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,095,885.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
To try and stimulate some sort of debate i was wondering if gold medalists go on to always be the best fighters, or have bronze and silver medalists been more successful in making the transition as a pro?

I mean Ali and Tyson have gold medals, but then again so does Audley Harrison.

Floyd only got bronze I believe, Froch didnt get through the trials but won a medal at the world championships.

Is it a good foundation to become a pro? Or does that only apply to certain fighters?
Tyson didn't make the olympic team. But having a gold medal means you fight stiffs, than you fight the weakest Champ of the 4 to win a Alphabet soup title. Than you fight a bunch of has been name fighters to make it look like you beat a great champion so it does help to an extent. Tyson knock out Hemry Tillman the Gold medalist as a pro for your information