View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 64 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 486,806,608,594,909.19
Total Points: 516,026,724,685,060.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bringer View Post
I hate this myth, as well as the "Duran got dominated in the rematch" myth. Going on personal experience the "Leonard was a runner" myth is mostly espoused by Hagler fans who weren't satisfied with the result of their fight, and the "Duran got dominated in the rematch" myth is mostly thrown about by Leonard fanboys.

I have a hard time fathoming why modern boxing fans make everything an "either or" scenario - Wherein if you're a fan of one fighter, then his rival must be your enemy. It's f*cking stupid and it really makes conversing intelligently about classic rivalries on the internet a fool's errand.
Leonard's hero was Joe Frazier, earlier this year in an interview on Ringside he talked about how when he first started out, he was an out and out brawler. With an identical style to Joe Frazier. Only later did he become a more boxer-puncher style.

The Hagler fight mainly, probably the most fleet footed he'd ever been in his career. Then again, he still engaged with Hagler at times. He talked about in another interview that his plan was to go out there and fight toe to toe with Hagler, but when he got rocked in sparring he decided to change his approach.

It's true though, what you say. Fans these days are a different breed Hell, kids in general are just messed up these days.