View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 AM
The Noose
AKA Bobby Pazuzu

Rep Power: 333 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,300,772,494.23
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
I don't like how this get's thrown around. The biggest difference is Duran looked like a shell of the brawl in montreal and SRL didn't fight back as much.

Leonard never truly got Durans number. Yeah Duran quit and had stomach cramps or whatever, I don't doubt that he wasn't in shape, but SRL didn't do **** either, he just clowned him from the outside - that doesn't win you points.

The other thing that bothers me: SRL fought everyone up untill Duran, he knocked a lot of guys out. He knocked Benitez out. He never changed his style cause he was angry. He always fought. Then he ran into someone that could out fight him.

Duran in the first fight was shredded from head to toe and nearly matching Leonard for speed, and dare I say..out skilling him.

There is not to many welterweights beating that version of Duran.
I find it amazing for anyone to say the biggest difference was that duran was out of shape or was a shell of himself from the 1st fight.
How can anyone not see how Leonard moved differently? I just watched the 1st round of both fights, and it is clear Leonard is more flat footed in the first fight, giving Duran opportunities to attack. Plus Leonard feints and jabs to the body way more in the rematch, obviously trying to tease out Durans lead for counter punching opportunities. Leonard threw many more power punches in the 1st fight and imo clearly wanted to out fight Duran.
In the rematch he knew better, and its obvious from the 1st round. He never lets his back touch the ropes and there are fewer clinches because Leonard was moving away from Duran much more than in the 1st fight.

Theres no denying Duran wasnt at his best, but imo he got outboxed, frustrated and the stomach cramps were an excuse. He was getting nailed more and more with good shots.