View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 AM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,387,732,792,184.58
Total Points: 7,398,733,307,364.78
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
while i agree that refusal to take the test doesn't look good for manny, there are other considerations to make

concessions ("ok, i'll take your test,") in boxing always work two ways. manny and floyd were essentially ready to fight and had agreed to terms before floyd brought up extra drug testing at the last minute. that's really not how things work in boxing, or in any negotiation. if something like that is brought up during negotiations early on you can come to a compromise that makes both parties happy. you dont concede anything without compensation. why would you subject your fighter to the drug tests when it's not required beyond the piss tests? if you dont need to give anything up, you dont.

"ok, we can take a drug test, but i want more money."
"ok, we can take a drug test, but i want a smaller ring."
etc. you lay out all of the terms of any early on. they didnt do that. i genuinely believe that the intention of the mayweather team was to stall for more money. they knew the fight would be huge, and that it would make their fights in the meantime bigger.

and more importantly, if manny loses (and let's face it, he'd lose to floyd mayweather,) the first time he takes a drug test people will assume that he was using drugs, even if he was always clean.
Agree 100%. Manny wanted more money to take OST, not a good look, and this is coming from a floyd fan that says manny is clean until he tests positive.

I just like to remind the whirllwinds of this board that the refusal and the knowing the test date made manny look bad to the public.