View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 AM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 49 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,992,555,911,109.47
Total Points: 16,003,556,468,435.08
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredh View Post
Thats apples and oranges. He has nobody to apologize to but Escabedo. Which he probably didn't do which is wrong. Apologies don't always clean up the mess. Apologizing on tv to Escabedo would not have cleaned things up. Escabedo was compensated and the fight went on there was nothing else left to be done about the weight issue.

How was the event a mess if the show went on fight night without a hitch?

Know that I am not defending Broner not making weight that was just wrong and how he handled not making weight afterwards was even worse. Broner lost some major points with me behind that. But I am not one for public apologies because this didn't hurt the public cause the fight still went on. That was a situation where Broner on his own time owed Escabedo an apology and no one else.
I can respect your point, but the apology IMO was the right thing to do. He wasn't professional and it almost caused the show's cancellation. He also undermined what should have been seen as a very good win for someone his age.

He could have used the post fight interview to present himself in a better light given how unprofessional he looked.