View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Mintcar923
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 Mintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 182,612.42
No Message - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
He did outskill him in the first fight. And no need to say "dare I say", Duran was as skilled as Leonard, if not more.

Of course Leonard doesn't have Duran's number, when they fought each other when both were at their best, Duran won.
The first fight was still pretty close when Leonard fought more flat-footed. Duran was great no doubt. I'm a huge fan of his. But, he had two more opportunities to prove his dominance and he failed miserably both times. When Ray used pure boxing tactics Duran just simply couldn't cope with it. But, there will always be the excuses. Well, he wasn't in shape, he had stomach cramps, he was past it etc. I just don't think thats fair at all to SRL. He had his number and Duran knew it. The evidence? When was the last time you saw a great fighter quit a fight just cause he was out of shape?!