View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 06:23 AM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,167,204,778.17
Total Points: 141,167,218,166.25
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

this was just a sloppy fight for both dudes. neither guy impressed or made any real statement here. I had Quintero winning but solely off of his ability to get inside and completely outwork Broner.

And I do agree that Broner landed the more meaningful punches (Quintero did an awful lot of slapping/flailing) but they were way too few & far between for Broner to get a Decision. It's much easier to give Quintero 5 rounds in this fight than it is Broner.

With that said, Broner has made improvements since this fight, timing being one of the key ones. Bodywork being another. However, he's also making a lot of the same ol mistakes that keep me from buying into the "elite" talk. The bending at the waist, the counterproductive footwork, stationary positioning, the BLATANT offensive inactivity etc.