View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 01:40 PM
purecyse
Contender

Rep Power: 6 purecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 33,763.77
advice - THE_FORKLIFT 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
You know me & how I feel about who the so called best fighters need to fight. Which is why I was stunned to see so many Floyd fans actually trying to justify Floyd fighting Khan, who is not a welterweight & apparently not even the best jr welterweight.

There are not many Floyd fans that aren't just as bad as Pacman fans, they are a piece of the same pie. When Bradley fought Pacman, most Pacman fans refused to acknowledge that the fight was close. (7-5 Pacman, for me.)
Just like the Floyd fans believing somehow that Floyd dominated Cotto. The exact same thing different fighter.
You JUST said Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley would be better than fighting Amir Khan even though Khan would have been THE champion in the division Alexander and Bradley were just in last year.

A test fight in a division is all most fighters need and Khan's people did want that, if available.

Now, I don't agree with your scorecards but, I suspect there are few things we will agree on outside of an apparent love for boxing.

Face it, outside of Pacquiao, who Mayweather will now get criticized for fighting too late, there are no legit fights at 147. Just say that you would prefer Mayweather puts himself at a size disadvantage (and I'm sure we can all agree he will carry even less knockout potential up with him) and fights fighters at 154 and 160.