View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 05:14 AM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Rep Power: 23 taansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,208,971,969.12
Good poster. - ddangerous Nice looking pup.  Have anyother Pepsi - ABOSWORTH 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
He did win the wbo light flyweight title by stopping Eric Griffin and lost it to Melchor Cob Castro in his next outing.

Edit: To answer the opening question, I remember watching Chong and I don't remember what they said about his heritage but I know he was born in Mexico. I believe his brother was also a pro. Hector Ulises Chong, also born and raised in Mexico.
I remember these guys. Decent enough fighters.

I think the answer to the original poster is that outside of the US people don't count back as far. You're born in Mexico - you're Mexican. Born in England, you're English. And so on. In the US people will tell you they're 1/15th Irish, 4/7th's Polish & a quarter German. Nothing wrong with this, just different cultures etc.