View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Ringlife
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ringlife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 918,473,187.01
Total Points: 200,918,613,572.46
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf View Post
Don has slowly faded from the limelight of boxing promotion. He still promotes fighters, but as Eaner said, his company has shrunk vastly the past 10 or so years. If you asked Don, I'm sure he'd say HBO is the reason he's not more prolific.

Al Haymon didn't have anything to do with it, but certainly filled the void as a powerful interest that manages the careers of largely african-american fighters.
I agree 100% with what you said about him managing African American fighters and about Don King.