View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:18 PM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,167,204,778.17
Total Points: 141,167,218,818.25
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post
That makes no sense. If you know anything about boxing you can see skills and deficiencies in fighters even if they're not fighting top comp.

Just cause Hamed was knocking guys out left and right doesn't mean you watched him fight and saw him as incredibly skilled. Or at least I never did.

And it's especially irrelevant in this case as the comp that Jr. and Alvarez have fought are not that far off from each other.
I know plenty about boxing. Enough to know that level of competition can drastically affect how you look in the ring. One of the marquee assets a technically-proficient fighter can possess is the ability to adapt, especially when having one of his bigger tools neutralized. You're not gonna see that against tomato cans. Watching Chavez progress and maneuver the way he has, especially in his last three fights against very formidable opponents, says alot about his ring savvy. He doesn't need to have lightning hand & foot speed to be technically sound.

That was my point in bringing up Hamed. I never said Hamed was Sugar Ray Leonard.