View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 03:41 PM
lefthook2daliva
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 lefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,225,325,858.05
Truth spoken about Khan-Mayweather!!! - Atreyu Khalil Good poster and he knows some boxing! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed the king cotto thread question you asked, lol, if it hurts my feelings, ill answer you someday in the future, peace, lol - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
this

i'm not sure i dont think marquez can beat this kid, but it would be a very rough fight. a tall guy with good stamina and a chin and heart like lopez would be a long night for marquez. his legs at his age wont get him inside quickly, and lopez will be too long to get countered often. i think lopez would keep him on the end of his punches. marquez would have to fight a perfect fight. he'd need to slip punches, get close enough to land his combinations, and then get out safely so he can rest and control the pace. a bad cut at 38 could end his career. he'd be almost 40 by the time he made his way back into the ring. pacquiao may be retired. where are his other big fights? if he can land the fight he can beat manny pacquiao.
do you guys understand how much he risks fighting lopez?

"the best should fight the best, bla bla bla, i dont get it."

this is a fight that looks good if you're a fan.. that's why the fans pay money to watch these guys and the promotors get paid to watch them.

fighting lopez right now would be a bad move for marquez and his people. your fights are a finite quantity when you're a 38 year old lightweight. they harder they are, the fewer you can have. you're in this game to make money if you're a promotor OR a fighter.

if you arent fighting a top flight guy for serious money you should be fighting a no hoper

you arent going to make much more money fighting lopez than you are fighting these cabbies. you're risking your multi million dollar payday.
it's a no brainer. take a tune up.

fighters have always taken tune ups.
Great post!

The fight I wanna' see Lopez in is against Rios. That fight would be a potential
Ward/Gatti, Castillo/Corrales, Barrera/Morales type knock-down drag out that would likely elevate both fighters, imo.

As for JMM: Fvck the Pacquiao fight. Juan is never gonna' get a fair shake outta' that snake pit. Besides that, in a lot of folks minds (mine included) JMM is up 2 of 3 in the series.

Not really sure who I want to see JMM fight, except to say that if he wants to keep fighting, he should probably go back to 135, clean house and then maybe hang em' up?

For that matter, he could hang em' up right now and I'd be fine w/that too.

Marquez has been in alot of wars now and time is gonna' catch up w/him at some point. I don't wanna' see him go out like RJJ.

Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 06-27-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: clarity