View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 108 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 656,843,899,570.20
Total Points: 2,933,844,190,823.13
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

On a roll with the reviews here.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Xbox 360)

This is a very hard game to compare to anything else. It is very heavily plot driven, and involves a lot of player choice, so I'd compare it to Mass Effect in that way. The combat is most similar to Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, in that you cannot just swing away wildly and have to actually pay attention, especially with bosses and armored enemies. You fight a healthy mix of human enemies and monsters, and Geralt, the main character, can use spells, bombs, and traps to help him out. It's actually a very fun game combat wise, and there is plenty of actual gameplay in between the story.

The story itself is incredible, with the only complaint I have being that the game ends somewhat abruptly. You figure out everything that has been happening, it seems like the game is gearing up to shift somewhere else, but it's just setup for the next game. The ending isn't bad, just somewhat abrupt. Still a tremendous story. The choices you make have a very real effect on the game. The second chapter actually plays out very, very differently based on choices you make at the end of the first chapter, the plot is surprisingly varied based on what choices you make throughout the entire game.

Word of warning, this is a game that earns it's M rating. Plenty of cursing, the sex scenes are pretty shocking in the nudity shown, and there are plenty of uncomfortable themes covered in the game, yet it very rarely feels cheap or unnecessary. The game just doesn't hold back on the realities of the power of kings and war. It's a lot like Game of Thrones in that respect.

The graphics are pretty good, and the voice acting is fine. It also isn't filled with British accents, like most games of medieval fantasy are. The soundtrack is awesome, I love the music in the game.

Final score: 9.5 out of 10. This is a fantastic game. The gameplay is very good, the story is incredible, this might be the best RPG I've played since Knights of the Old Republic. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs, and since it is on the 360 now it's available to anyone.