View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
LoadedWraps
ĄDe Pinga!

Rep Power: 24 LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 56,349,717,982,142.95
Total Points: 56,349,718,117,314.77
_4 - mathed _5 - mathed Back at ya - lparm thx, always appreciate a good toe to toe post - thuggery wouldn't let me give you greens - mathed 
pleasure to meet a NINERS fan :beerchug: - jose830 BANE - Mike Tyson77 Good karma to you for honoring our bet :) - Tyler_Durden STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
To another great poster! - DosRounds To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Purple Heart for war! STORTROOPERS!! - DonMega war b-suth - Mike D For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin 
The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
I started this thread because I have this friend that says that Floyd Mayweather is pound for pound the best boxer of all time. In case you're wondering, he's never seen a Sugar Ray Robinson fight and has seen very little of Ali or Sugar Ray Leonard. He's pretty much mostly seen guys from when he was growing up from the '80s to today, guys like Tyson, Holyfield, De La Hoya, all the way up to the best of today. When I tried to disagree with him, he said I was just a hater. When I couldn't get him to listen to reason, I finally said that maybe I'd agree with him if Mayweather ever beats Pacquiao, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez and maybe a guy like Carl Froch. I say Floyd is the best from his debut in 1996 until probably around the time he beat Ricky Hatton, so I say the best of his era, but not all time, maybe even the best from 1996 to today.

So anyway, do you agree with him that Floyd is the best of all time? Why or why not?
You can tell your friend it's just not true.

You really can't compare anyone in this era, or in recent memory to fighters of the 30's, 40's and 50's because there was a much higher talent pool back then, the average boxer was higher skilled and better conditioned and more seasoned than today, and back then you couldn't be a protected fighter, cherry picking and ducking and all this nonsense that goes on today. I always feel like I am beating a dead horse on this issue, but you just can't call anyone today the GOAT, not even close. Mayweather's talent is amazing, he is truly gifted, and in my opinion ( and most others opinions that are knowledgeable on the subject) he is the best in this era, arguably the best in the last 40 years or so, but much more than that? He would have to prove it. And at this rate and this age that won't happen. Floyd and Manny fight about once a year, twice tops. Try defending your title once a month. Exactly.