Thread: A better win?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Harry Balls
Mi Vida Loca

Rep Power: 15 Harry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,569,991,542,167.73
Total Points: 1,569,999,731,419.12
One of the best! - kyshenko team Depending on how old they are, try playing GTA 4 and trick them into thinking it's a cartoon. haha - Unknown Champ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESS View Post
I dont recall Lacy being a favorite vs Joe... I still to this day do not even understand who he's even beaten.

I get that Joe wanted an American to go to his country and look good against but I remember thinking WTF when that fight was made. Exactly like I did when Joe signed to fight Peter Manfredo.

I can see the view of Froch being the underdog while Cazlaghe and Kessler was a pretty even match going into the fight. Both wins are good and I couldn't make my mind up on which once was a better win...
He was an underdog according to the betting line. And browsing through most "experts" predictions the consensus was that Lacy was much too powerful.

I suppose it was due to being undefeated, looking somewhat impressive doing so, a great amateur career and the build of a superhero.

Robin Reid was a decent win for Lacy. The division was just not all that for a long time. Even Kessler had not beaten a whole lot of superb opponents when fighting Calzaghe.

Having prime Calzaghe and Kessler in the super-6 would have been really interesting.

Last edited by Harry Balls; 05-27-2012 at 07:43 PM.