Originally Posted by rorymac
Yes yes yes yes thank you Walt. Possibly the greatest of all time. His work on No Country, Assassination of Jesse James etc was excellent.
Another ATG cinematographer (John Toll) shot the pilot for Breaking Bad, but I'm sure you already knew that
My favorite cinematographers of all time:
1) Roger Deakins (True Grit, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, In Time, The Shawshank Redemption, A Serious Man, Fargo)
2) Christopher Doyle (Hero, In the Mood for Love, Chungking Express, 2046, Infernal Affairs)
3) Emmanuel Lubezki (The Tree of Life, Children of Men, The New World, Sleepy Hollow, A Little Princess)
4) Conrad L. Hall (Road to Perdition, American Beauty, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Cool Hand Luke)
5) Robert Richardson (The Aviator, Platoon, JFK, Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill, Nixon)
I also have great admiration for the works of Vittorio Storaro (Apocalypse Now), John Toll (Braveheart), Robert Elswit (There Will Be Blood), and Gordon Willis (The Godfather).