View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Joeyzagz
Soir

Rep Power: 22 Joeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,781,888,991.24
Total Points: 27,938,996,836.88
Have an e-beer on me - FRKO what a dummy you are - Freedom. still in the red after years of posting here - Freedom. troll - Simurgh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talip bin osman View Post
subjective question... it all comes down to personal preference...

i like kubrick the most strictly because his vision is the most cinematic among the choices here IMO...

when quentin did pulp fiction and its non linear narrative, i thought he was the best, most original among the newer generation of filmmakers, but then nolan comes along and makes memento with it's narrative going exactly backwards... so that, with better consistency in terms of quality output i'll take nolan...

james cameron is very mainstream... and has not been very original post T2...

as a writer and director, i will take the better cameron over him anytime... cameron crowe that is...
Kubrick owned every single Genre:

sci fi: 2001
Historical: Spartacus
Horror/thriller: The Shining
War film: Full Metal Jacket
Black Comedy: Dr Stangelove
MindFck: Clockwork Orange

I even enjoyed his worst movie: Eyes wide shut which is better than 90% of most films out there.