View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,235,395,513,332.73
Total Points: 954,845,393,856,155.62
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
I don't know, Tszyu did unify all the titles and holds the claim "Undisputed" champion. Castillo had some good wins and epic battles but if you take away the first bout with Mayweather his reigns at lightweight were more exciting than spectacular IMO.
Lightweight that Castillo fought in was just so much better than 140 of Tszyu.. I believe that fighter legacy is measured by fighters that he has beaten, not by titles that he won. You can take all belts in the world but what does it mean if the fighters you fought to get them are poor champions?
I'm not impressed by Tszyus record or achievements. He never beat a fighter on Johnston or Casamayor level. He's ranked higher because there was more hype around boxers that he has beaten. Castillo on the other hand has his best wins over two of the most underrated fighters of last era, thuse he's not given a credit he deserves. Other fighters that he beat are also very underrated. Lazcano was really good lightweight. Bazan could fight as well and like I said before, Ngoudjo to me was best 140 pounder not winning a belt in last decade!
You say also "take away first bout with Mayweather". But we can't take away that, we can't take away the fact that he is only man who can argue that he has beaten the best fighter of our generation.