View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
hhascup
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 hhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond reputehhascup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 139,081.17
1st Prize in quiz. Well done. - McGoorty Nice job - rorymac 
Send a message via AIM to hhascup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
My gym was in Hamden Conn for years and its now run by one of my amatuers boxers who boxed on my team in the 70s. Its in New Haven Conn now and maintains the same name Ring One Boxing! I retired in 1988 and moved to West Palm Beach then and now I live in North Port (south Sarasota) west coast Florida. The original Youth Boxing Program is still in Hamden and run by my old friend Gaspar Ortega who I'm sure you've heard of. Gaspar was a tuff hombre and was a big part of the 50s/60s party in the Welter Class! Those guys fought each other weekly it seemed. Brian Clarke runs the Ring One gym and was the young man who trained Chad Dawson early in Chads development. Hes a very dedicated young man and does a good job with his kids.
I had a few shouting matches with Lou in the ring hahahaha I enjoyed him he and old Johnny Duke from Hartford Ct. were the old school hard nose guys then. Now I am, HA!!! If I were up there still I'd pop in. In fact theres a young man on this forum in New York I'd love to arrainge to meet, he wouldn't like it but I would!! Talk soon Henry. Ray.
I just talked to Gaspar Ortega last night at the COMBATT Dinner in Newark.

I'm going to Florida this coming Monday and next weekend I'll be staying in Sarasota. My step-son has a place their.