View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Hous
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21492 Hous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,154,807,271.62
I'm out of K for the day so in your case, I'll buy ya a fucking gift!!! ha ha - abosworth No Message - MARKBNLV have a burger :fing02: - -jose- superman - TBear for the weekend - TBear 
No Message - miamike No Message - miamike No Message - miamike veteran @ Boxingscene - J-champ I remember a time where we could go broke buying gifts here - J-champ 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versastyle View Post
Even if I saw her grandpa and grandmother?Both sides? Both sides didn't have blue eyes like both her parents didn't? After a few weeks after my son was born I looked in his eyes... had the same thing..
My son in 1 hour central time will be 8 with the same thin when he was a few weeks. Explain...
Yup, they could pass on the recessive blue eyed gene for generations. Only one side of baby mommas parents must carry the blue eyed gene since she does not have blue eyes. If she had blue eyes, both parents would have to carry it. Only one parent must carry it, of course both could (and odds of passing it on increase if both carry it). Same logic goes as far as baby mommas grandparents, only one needs to carry the blue eyed gene.

So if only one of her grandparents carried the recessive Gg gene, and the other three were GG; that one g gene must have been passed to one of her parents. Then when her parents met, the one that carried Gg, must have give the "g" gene to her. Then when she met you, your "g" combines with her "g."

If baby mommas mother is GG and father is Gg or gG, then baby momma will have a 50% of carrying recessive Gg eye color gene, 50% chance of carrying GG gene. Since we know baby has blue eyes, then we can conclusively infer baby momma is not GG.

Only one parent must have "g" if the child carries it. Both must have it if the child displays blue eyes. Does that make sense?

Technically, your great great great great grandfather could have carried the "g" gene and it was passed on through his blood line as recessive after each of his descendants inherrited it and mated with "GGs." but if that gene was passed on as recessive each time, it could be around in his descendents hundreds of years later. Thats why its so rare, but not unheard of to see really dark black people with blue eyes. Especially considering BOTH parents would have to have a similar background!

Last edited by Hous; 04-23-2012 at 12:40 AM..