View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Mintcar923
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 Mintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 190,671.42
No Message - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
Why did you use the word "beat" for Toney and "outpoint " for Hopkins? He beat both in UDs that were decisive, and in bouts where it was pretty obvious that he basically controlled the fights.

He koed undefeated light heavyweight champion Montel Griffin (who had defeated James Toney twice) in 1 round like he was a bum.

He koed 2 time light heavyweight champ Virgil Hill with a BODY SHOT in the 4th round.

He went for a decade without a fight that was even competitive, and when he finally lost it was pretty obvious that he was shot given the quality of some of the opponents in his subsequent losses..
Just to clear that up I didn't mean any disrespect by using two different terms. It just seemed to be better grammar to use two different words. And, I don't disrespect Jones by questioning just how superior he may have been to his peers. I'm just not understanding how all of a sudden Roy was shot when he started losing. Unlike Hopkins and Toney, he didn't seem as though he had the tougher fights.

Last edited by Mintcar923; 04-18-2012 at 08:40 PM.