View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 43 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,920,866.34
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

I don't get this hype all of a sudden with Andy Lee.

He's a good fighter, a contender no doubt, who has a pretty decent skill set. He's not mind blowing by any means though, and he's struggled with some ehhhhh guys.

The first Brian Vera fight, yes Lee was young when that happened, but Vera's pressure still troubled him big time. He ended up being broken down, and got stopped. He did avenge that defeat in dominant fashion though, which is really how he should have beat him the first time.

The Craig McEwan fight. Up until the 9th round and then when McEwan got stopped, Lee was struggling big time once again. Craig McEwan is pretty ordinary, Peter Quillin beat him with ease. McEwan was tagging Lee, and even tried to pressure Lee at times, and Andy Lee struggled.

It's not like Andy Lee has out of this world speed or anything. He's a pretty solid and all around fighter, that struggles with pressure, at least that's how it seems.

Chavez struggled with Zbik when he was getting out boxed, but of course Zbik didn't really have the power to hurt Chavez. Chavez was killing Zbik on the inside, and though it was a close fight, Chavez won it with his relentless pressure and body work.

I can easily see the fight being close on the cards going into the 9th and 10th rounds, but I have Chavez wearing him down, and stopping him in rounds 9-10. Some will probably call it a controversial stoppage as well. I just can't see Lee being able to handle Chavez' pressure for the full 12 rounds, and Chavez will have his moments in a lot of rounds, probably swaying some of the close rounds to him.

I can't see Lee stopping Chavez, who seems to have a damn good chin. Lee's power is a little underrated though. If Lee wants to win, he has to thoroughly out box Julio the majority of the rounds, and it has to be definitive.