View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 05:30 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 108 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 697,048,000,975.09
Total Points: 2,974,048,294,340.82
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Don't think so.

Duran was only at WW until 81 he moved up after his loss to Leonard and never returned his only win at WW in the 80's was against Leonard which of course was a great win but can he be ranked in the Top 3 WW's of that decade with 1 win there and 1 year of fighting there? Don't think so.

I don't know I don't think Mayweather or Pacquaio has strong WW resume's. I guess Shane could be there he has some great wins.

I'd say Margarito would be in the Top 3 for the last era after all he was there for a long time dominating and was considered the best WW or one of the best for mutiple years.
I'd put Duran there, just because I'm a fan and I don't care how biased I am.

Of the 2000s, it's hard to argue against Mayweather and Margarito. Margarito for being the most consistently rated of the decade, and Mayweather for being the best fighter throughou. Pac has one win there, so I wouldn't even consider him. Mosley has Oscar and Margarito as high profile wins. Vernon Forrest has Mosley. Cotto has Mosley and Clottey maybe, if you want to mention him.

A third fighter during the 2000s is hard. No one really stuck around at the weight, except Margarito and Mayweather, most the guys I would think of have one or two good wins and that's it.