View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,133.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann400 View Post
Ortiz is undefeated. He's 6'4" with an 81" reach. He's a southpaw with obviously fast hands and feet as you'll see in this fight. He comes in shape. I personally think this guy is something special as long as he stays committed and focused. I heard from someone on another site that before he turned pro he sparred someone that was 3-0, and he made them look like they literally had never even stepped in the ring before. Anyway here's the fight.
Epifanio Mendoza is a bad match for any heavyweight. He must be about 34-35 now.(just checked, actually 36) The last time I saw him in 2002 and 2003 he was a light-middle and throwing blazing bombs. he's gone to seed. He's not really a heavyweight. Just 2 years ago he weighed in at 170 lbs, the fight before he was 25 lbs more, and the fight after was 30 lbs more, and in the few fights since he's been a bit heavier, so now he's 215 lbs. probably 40 lbs of fat.

When he was much lighter he was a very exciting fighter to watch, but now........age 36, he should retire, he's had 7 KO's in 14 losses.