View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Darkstar
Plan B

Rep Power: 22 Darkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,898,843.27
Total Points: 53,140,310.50
thank you sir. may you win your next big bet. - Left Hook Tua Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I know that Cormier suffered a broken hand in the semis, but still, it's been 5/6 months since then and they haven't even scheduled the final.

It really sucks how quickly Zuffa have just killed the entire organisation. They've taken so many of the best fighters that on their last card, they had to have Keith Jardine in the main event.

I also read that they've signed Nate Marquart, so it's clear what a load of BS their stance on his behaviour was.

Even though Strikeforce never had as much talent as the UFC, they managed to put on some real good events and didn't have many boring lay and pray or wall and stall types. I haven't seen official statistics to back this up, but I'm pretty sure they had a lot more fights finish inside the distance as well.
I think overall Strikeforce was/is good for MMA too. The Showtime deal was great for Americans.