View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:45 AM
Redd Foxx
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Rep Power: 7 Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,832,955,236,897.51
Total Points: 2,832,955,264,841.88
Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Sting View Post
It's not speculation at all. Just look at the mittwork and watch Dumbquiao apply the same counters on fight night. Obviously, I don't think they put out the entire gameplan for the world to see prior to fight night. But, the end product looks alot like the padwork they show in their vids.

Perfect example of what I'm talkin' about is the PAC - Hatton fight. Remember when Hatton and May Sr. were clownin' Roach's padwork on 24/7, hook and roll under to counter Ricky's lead left hook. PAC and Roach showed exactly how they were gonna counter Ricky and the rest is history !!

The reason I don't think Roach's way of padwork doesn't work against someone like Juanita is because if you noticed, Roach is either standing still or moving forward, but someone like Juanita is not a stationary target and is constantly backing up.
Consider, for just a moment, that a youtube video might not be giving you full insight to an entire, elite-level training camp... Sorry, but this just sounds like internet know-it-all stuff. I've been in the gym and observed several PPV-level fighters in training and have seen how the speculation that people make online is rarely accurate in terms of what's really happening in the gym. There's so much more going on than what they show on youtube.