View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,168,069,565.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Berto has no defense, at all. He also has stamina problems that would kill him in a fight with Pacquiao. His boxing IQ has never proven to be very high, neither have his boxing skills. He is often stationary, standing in one place while his opponent can move however they want.

Pacquiao could basically just move in and out, circle Berto, and pepper him with shots at will. The one or two times a round that Berto exploded, Pacquiao could probably do his best damage counter punching. I don't see Berto's chances against Pac at all.

Berto's style works against fighters that can't handle his physical talent, but has proven to not work very well against fighters anywhere above a C+ or so level.
I see Berto's handspeed and power presenting problems for Pacquaio. It definitely cause him to think twice before leaping in like a ninja monkey, let's be honest.

Pac's prone to getting hit by uppercuts, a forte of Berto's.

But on the otherhand your right about Berto's footwork being slack, however fighting southpaws b2b has contributed towards him looking sloppy. His stamina has improved now that he's got a proper nutritional diet and conditioning system in place.

In all honesty it be a great fight for the most part, if Berto gets past Ortiz. If Pac beats Berto I would rank it above his wins over Margarito, past prime Mosley, Clottey and a damaged Cotto in all honesty.