View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Slip Stream
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Slip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,001,041,478.65
For your solid contributions - JAB5239 To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton Melon View Post
It's fighthype's goal in life to make sure that Floyd is not a single blame in this fight not happening. I however think they are both at fault with the biggest blame being Bob Arum for this not happening. But all that stuff gives me tirehead to read. Report on something else please. Until there are serious negotiations then I dont care to read the same old stuff over and over.
You can think whatever you want, it'll be wrong, but you certainly have that right. Bob Arum has always been the reason this fight hasn't happened, no one else, just Bob. I realize it's entertaining to think otherwise, since Mayweather can never be trusted to tell the truth and Ben Thompson is clearly a Floyd Freak. But Arum is openly demonstrating the lengths he will go to to give the impression he's serious. His back is against the wall at this point and he knows full well he doesn't want anything to do with Mayweather, but he also knows there's just enough Mayweather hate for him to openly pull the wool over the Pacquiao fanatic's eyes. Well that's a bit of an exaggeration since the Pacquiao freak needs no reason or rationale to hate Floyd or call him a "ducker."

Thompson is doing his job by reporting all of this information because the mind of a boxing fan can be astonishingly short. All we need is a few good weeks for some people to forget what Arum is doing and go back to business as usual by hating on Floyd Mayweather.

The whole point is that there aren't going to be "serious negotiations" because Bob Arum doesn't want there to be any. The timeline that Thompson has carefully constructed proves that, and it also proves another point, Bob Arum is liar and manipulator. This guy would sooner pimp out his wife's anus in a prison yard filled with horny felons before he would give up his meal ticket/cash cow/Pacquiao.

Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-21-2011 at 02:16 PM.