View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:18 AM
Phil Ivey
No Home Jerome

Rep Power: 10 Phil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 291,751,239,809.27
Total Points: 301,751,295,322.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
corruption has to do with everything from home town refs to shady judges.
If you are a Mayweather fan you would know that he's pushed on various occasions in his last 4 fights.. all of these fighters have complained about elbows as well.

When he hit Marquez with a hook he then motioned to push him, the only reason he didn't was because Marquez was already going down. Go back and look at it.

Still what kind of ***** **** is deducting points for pushing.. this is boxing. You don't want to get pushed.. go to another sport because it's a fight! it happens!

as Larry Merchant said, "I've heard of no crying in boxing, but no pushing? come on!"
There is corruption in the sport, but the Khan-Peterson fight is FAR from it. You can't blame a ref's discretion to enforce albeit it sometimes being a minor infraction - that said Khan committed this minor infraction well over 20 times. You cited one push from Mayweather - we're not talking about several pushes here. I could care less what Larry thinks all he dreams about is watching another Gatti-Ward he's insatiable and complains whenever he can. Like I said KHAN was pushing INCESSANTLY - sure if it was 5-6 times it can be overlooked by how can anyone blame the ref was penalizing Khan despite being warned numerous times is befuddling. Also people cited Marquez not winning the 3rd fight beecause he wasn't the aggressor, well here we saw Peterson being the aggressor, out landing Khan by a substantial amount bar the jabs. Don't blame the ref.. blame the rule maker.

Like I expected you failed to showcase a Mayweather pushing reel. Not one is even 1/10th forceful as some of the ones Khan used.

Last edited by Phil Ivey; 12-16-2011 at 04:25 AM.