View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 02:48 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 29 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,107,971,966,863.89
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 

Here's what they asked him specifically.

Quote:
JM: How about the current middleweight champion of the world, Sergio Martinez?

Floyd Mayweather Sr: No, man. Thats crazy. Not that Little Floyd couldnt beat him, but Little Floyd aint that big as you guys think he is. Little Floyd walk around here at about 152 or 153 pounds. Hes not a big welterweight. Even myself, when I was fighting at welterweight, I had to take off 15 pounds to make weight.

JM: So as a father, you would advise your son not to fight Sergio Martinez?

Floyd Mayweather Sr: Not because Sergio Martinez has more skills than him, I think Little Floyd has way more skills than him. Sergio Martinez is just a bigger guy, with a bigger punch. Sergio Martinez would have the better chance of hurting Floyd. Not saying he would knock him out, but Im just saying. Floyd is always going to be in there with a bigger guy, in terms of taking a punch.
He was asked about his son fighting the middleweight champ, so he probably was thinking the interviewer meant at 160. Of course it would be stupid for Mayweather to go up that high. I wish they would have asked him about Martinez specifically between 150-154.