View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:05 AM
hypodermical
Contender

Rep Power: 5 hypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,204.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddy21 View Post
I wasn't talking about Filipinos at ringside, I was speaking about the 1000 Filipinos at the Venue where I was out of 1100 people, without commentary, simply watching the fight unfold, not a sound...

Don't take my word for it that Pacquiao fought better and was a better fighter previous, Larry Merchant's latest article talks all about it. His victories over Barerra, Morales and the first Marquez fight were his finest wins against true champions and tough boxers whose records stand the test of time. His latest triumphs have been thoroughly underwhelming with opposition on their way out, sideways or down.

Pacquiao had such great potential but his new life as poster boy and potential President has robbed boxing of a great fighter. I think that's the most disappointing thing, he's so big and loved in the Philippines that the powers that be can't have him lose and can't have him take risks, a real shame. There's no need to fight again the score is 2 to 1 to Marquez, but if they do the result will be no different and the controversy will continue.

As much as I dislike Floyd Mayweather, that fight ain't going to happen, Pacquiao will get creamed all the way to a 12 round decision, and now he knows it.. No overwhelming pressure on Floyd no way to win, he'll pick Pac to pieces. Before this fight I though he may have a chance but Marquez confirms the result of a Mayweather fight. I don't know who that leaves him to fight, nobody's i guess.

It was a very tense, scary and disappointing fight for Pac fans. NO ONE expected it to be that close. That is the reason why even if a Pac fan thought Pac won, you will not see him cheering. Pac underperformed, that's clear. But it was enough to edge JMM out, IMO.

Don't get me wrong either, like I said, Pac fought way too conservatively. But I am not about to say that he is not a better fighter than JMM 1 and Morales 1. His technical boxing progress is what got him to poster boy status. You think he would've beaten DLH, Cotto, Marg by brawling against them?

Here is what I was talking about regarding circling left.