View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 PM
hypodermical
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 hypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 18,216.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddy21 View Post
OK, just rewatched the fight.

No I'm not advocating he go back to being a one punch fighter, but having only lost to Morales but beating Barerra and drawing with Marquez before that fight he was doing pretty well as a loose canon...

Was Manny a better fighter when he first fought Marquez? It looks that way because he won the first fight, knocked him down 4 times and only closely lost the second fight in my opinion. If he fought like that yesterday there was every possibility of taking Marquez out by being explosive and unpredictable, not by being careful. All the talk from Pacs corner was how this was going to be definitive with a knockout... I was hoping that Pacman was going to show up and teach Marquez a lesson, but it was the other way around.

To be honest on replay the HBO broadcast and commentary seems highly biased, not to mention the pathetic scoring by Lederman, 8 rounds to 4.... bollocks. His defending of the judges and commenting how good and honest they were at the end of the fight seemed like a setup for what was to come with scoring. To be honest the fight looked a lot closer when listening to the HBO commentary, but I believe they were leading or misleading the audience or just being too pro Pacquiao.

I watched the original fight without sound as the speaker system had broken at the venue, which almost cause a riot.... But I'm glad now as I was going by what I saw and it was 8 to 4 Marquez with Marquez landing the hard clean shots. The place was full of Filipinos and you could have heard a pin drop, there was barely a cheer for Pacquiao the whole fight. Another thing with the replays between rounds. I think it was round 7 or 8 where Marquez landed a flurry of punches and on replay they showed Pac landing one shot on him and completely ignored that beautiful combination, happened in another round too, and there were instances where Marquez shots were just plain ignored by the commentators altogether.

I did see Marquez's face, sure did, but did you see Manny's at the end of the fight? That didn't look like a winners face and he looked sheepish when the results were read out. A black eye doesn't mean you win a boxing match. There were so many rounds where Pacquiao was given the benefit of the doubt and the edge, where there was none to give, at worst I call it 7 rounds to 5 for Marquez.

Marquez out boxed him definitely with Pacman unsure of which route to take for victory, he got Pacman to change his style, which is a compliment in itself. Marquez did what he does, brilliant technical counter punching with great timing.
You're reason for saying that Pac's brawling style is better for him than his current more controlled style is the fact that he won and kd'd jmm in their first 2 fights. Thats silly.

I scored it 7 rounds to 5 Pac. I don't know what fight you saw, but that place was dominated by JMM fans. They were LOUD from round 1. I did not hear a "Manny" once. I agree than JMM clearly landed the clearer more flush shots, but so did Clottey. You don't win rounds by getting your opponent with 1 or 2 great shots and eating 5-6. Pac was dissapointed because he failed to deliver a definitive win and KO not because he thought he lost the fight. The only damage JMM gave him was a busted lip and a headbutt. JMM's face was clearly tagged up from all the punches he took from Pac.

It was not a robbery. It was a very close fight. Pac landed more punches and won more rounds. Again, there are plenty of threads to debate on who won the fight, this isn't one of them. I respect the opinions of people who thought JMM won a CLOSE fight. It wasn't a "boxing clinic" no one "outclassed" anyone. I gave it to Pac, you gave it to JMM. I hope they fight again.