View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 PM
freedom213
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 freedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,343,772,472.43
Total Points: 203,366,306,219.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
This is probably old news, but I just recently ran into this quote from Gabriel Montoya which I hadn't heard before.

So I'm now kind of worried Cotto will get the same beat down as before if this is actually true.

......And contained elements of sulfur and calcium like those in plaster of paris, that would harden when exposed to oxygen and water. There is a good youtube where Nazeem talks about the whole situation, tape in places where it wasn't supposed to be, the hardened and wet pads.

Regarding the size what do you expect to realistically fit over the knuckle area that he could get away with? Pretty obvious they wanted to increase the impact plus protect Margaritos hands so he could punch anywhere on his opponents like elbows, top of the head without concern for hand injury.

Removing the advantage of the pads doesnt make Margarito punch like Malignaggi but it should level the field and take away those advantages and his potential to damage opponents like he was.