View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:06 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 24 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 161,815,435,363.23
Total Points: 284,003,324,364.18
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Default "The [Margarito] insert was about the size of a business card. And about as stiff."

This is probably old news, but I just recently ran into this quote from Gabriel Montoya which I hadn't heard before.
Quote:
Ok. So I was at the hearing where Margarito/Capetillo had their licenses revoked. I got to see and touch the hand wrap insert as well as get a demonstration of how the hands were wrapped and the insert placed inside. There used to be a report on Maxboxing by me on the hearing but we changed servers and the story has been lost. I have since found it in my emails so if you want it PM me.

The handwraps were basically made to hide the inserts. The insert was about the size of a long business card. And about as stiff. It was not the rock or steel people make it out to be. It looked like a dirty, folded or ironed piece of old gauze. The knuckle pad was wrapped around it so unless you really got in there to inspect it, you wouldn't see it.
So I'm now kind of worried Cotto will get the same beat down as before if this is actually true.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<