View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:34 AM
ding-ding
Contender

Rep Power: 4 ding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 39,727.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
It's a decent match up but not one that will move him up the ladder much. You could argue he's there already as Chisora was lined up as a Wlad opponent, but we've still to see Fury against a really top guy. I've a feeling he's going to be matched carefully until a Wlad fight late next year or early 2013. Too much money at stake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
I believe poster Stones! was referring to Fury's Commonwealth title. That's the one on the line in this fight, if I'm not mistaken.
exactamon, the commonwealth belt is on the line in this one.

If you look at how busy Fury is being having not defended his British title in this time is more than forgivable when you look at the gap in between fights some champions have. Saying that though does allude to the notion that the majority of Fury's fights have been "tune ups" but he is still developing as a fighter and is improving imo.

At each point in his career McDermott was a test and so was Chisora at their respective times. A few warm up bouts to improve his skills is quite savvy, before he either defends against someone like Price, or opts to get it on with Perez....

It's too soon to consider world level despite the overall state of the division, but if he can continue improving and keeping busy there is no reason why he can't go on to take on a few of the American contenders like Chambers and Arreola, if he fairs well against them and the Klits are still around then have a pop but we know the outcome already.

It's all subjective to how he develops but his team are going about it in the right way I reckon