View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:54 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Bank: 185,677,884.59
Total Points: 1,277,341,973.00
welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
happy holidays akh - dj emzz 
Childhood Cancer - dj emz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
So you don't think that a defense of his title would be a more legitimate move?
I believe it's a defence of one of his titles, albeit the more lightly regrded one (these days, at least). But, when he's fighting this regularly, Fury squeezing in some CV-filler between more meaningful fights isn't a big deal. This guy has a ripe looking cherry for Fury to pop, so it looks like a decent test on paper still.

Rather than trying to talk up this one fight, though, I was contesting the idea that all of his opponents have been "tune-ups". Tune-ups, for a sapling pro heavyweight? Fury's been progressively matched, for the most part, and that opposition has comprised a learning curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Actually more to the point, what do you think of Pajcik as a fighter? Have you seen him?
Hadn't seen him, due to the lack of coverage of the smaller Canadian events. Going by the fight posted earlier, his style reminds me somewhat of a very poor man's John Ruiz and he doesn't appear to have a big equalizer (unlike Firtha before him - although Pajkic apparently beat Firtha, too). Fury should be able to keep him at range enough to have some fun, get target practice until he stops him.

I'm not saying this shouldn't be a fairly routine outing for Luke. Just that there's nothing wrong with having these kind of fights if you're a very active fighter. He's building his record up and getting rounds and experience. It's not going to be long before he's in with a more legitimate test one way or another, they're not trying to duck or dodge anybody as far as I can tell.