View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,030,078,088.73
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry A View Post
This is a real good match up.

I have to admit that I never had a whole lot of love for tunney because I liked Dempsey so much. But I've since read the biography of Tunney & he really was a GREAT fighter! He's still not one of my favorites, but I under-rated him back in the day.

I'm a big fan of Marciano. But all the guys who fought Rocky were either old or not really a serious threat to beat him. Charles & Walcott were old & they still gave him trouble. That right there is a big deal to me.

I'll take Tunney by a decision. Of the two, I like Rocky much more, but I have to respect Tunney's talent.

Its quite amusing but I am the exact opposite here. I'm a Tunney fan, much more so than Marciano, but I've got a feeling that Marciano would grind him down late.

They match up well in size terms. Tunney has the advantage in speed, technique and ring smarts, Rocky the advantages in workrate and power.

I just fancy that prime Marciano is much more of a force than Dempsey was in 1927.......and if Dempsey could come close to stopping Tunney; Well?

For whats its worth I will say one thing, Tunney would be probably ahead on points at the time.