View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Joseph Stalin
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Joseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 300,160,391.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepshep View Post
It's because of the reason you brought up earlier. No time to show commercials. I'll admit that I really don't watch Rugby too much. But it does seem like a tough sport (no pads) that requires endless amounts of stamina. I think if you were to put in a NFL player who played a defensive position he'd be out of gas in 15 minutes. No breaks after a play.

But at the same time if you were to get a Rugby player and put him in certain positions in American football he wouldn't have the size to compete. I mean defensive positions not offensive. I could see a Rugby player being a WR or a TE since that position requires speed and stamina.

When I really try to compare the two Rugby requires a lot of stamina and grit. The NFL requires grit and may have breaks but that has to do with strategy. Getting that football across the field requires strategy. That is why the players line up a different way after each play.

But if you like Rugby more then more power to you. I probably would like it more if they showed it more over here in the States.
Well because to play O-line or D-line in Football you need to be pushing 300lb+, you cant have that in Rugby because you need to run up and down the field for 40 minutes a half with no breaks, thats why you dont see many 300+lb in Rugby, sure there are some and there are some fat asses.

I like both rugby and NFL but NFL is becoming the No Fun League, its being pussified to the point where soon QB's are going to have little flags on their ass that defenders are going to pull like in flag football