View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:38 AM
M26
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 M26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,609.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuPrincipe
Fair point.

Dempsey reminded me of Mike Tyson in terms of pure adrenaline and agression. Can't take anything away from his fighting though. A purveyour of pain, unstoppable in his prime. How the hell could you knock Dempsey? His rise to the top was meteoric. The guy had every tool a heavyweight champion could ask for: heart, handspeed, chin, power, quick reflexes, stamina and underated boxing skills. The old guys like Ray Arcel and Lou Duval all claim he was the greatest heavyweight of all time. Maybe Ali or Louis could beat him, but he was nothing short of greatness.
Made the mold that Liston & Tyson would follow.

He would beat most heavyweights of the past and all heavyweights of the 90's. It's just too bad he partied his career away.
Jack Dempsey was great, there is no doubt about it. However, his gameness would be his downfall in my opinion. Dempsey would be more than willing to trade with Marciano, and then it comes down to who hits harder and who can take the best punch.

Rocky Marciano had the harder punch and he most likely had a stronger chin as well. Dempsey could hurt him, sure, but not stop him.

I still say Marciano by knockout after a brutal and entertaining slugfest.

Rocky Marciano by ko6.