View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,074,615.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
Very solid win for Mayweather. Hatton was at the top of his game and the man to beat. People believed Hatton was the man who could beat Mayweather and Mayweather was accused of ducking Ricky Hatton. He dominated Ricky Hatton and handed him his first loss, by KO no less, which Floyd does not do too often - he is not a KO artist.

I just feel that when Manny fought Hatton he was disheartened. He wasn't unbeaten, he was blowing up in weight and abusing drugs and alcohol. I think at his absolute best, he puts up a better fight than what we saw, but I don't see Hatton winning.

I think that Floyd definitely fought the better version of Hatton. As you know, Hatton would go on to take a pasting in his next fight, and then he would fight Manny and retire - never a good sign. It tells us that he was at the tail end of his career when he fought Manny.
Great post. It is easy now to say Hatton was overrated after the beating Manny gave him and him getting into coke and alcohol and looking like a loser. But he had tremendous self belief going into the Mayweather fight and Floyd broke him down bit by bit and at the end Hatton was finished mentally. I was a good solid performance by Floyd.