View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Marchegiano
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,022,579.83
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff View Post
The early 20th century guys certainly did not have the same skills as the more modern guys.

Train a guy to fight the way they did back then and put him in with a guy learning today's methods...you'll have an embarrassing match going on.

Boxing is a simple sport in many ways, but you cannot deny it has evolved form its early form...and it's evolved for a reason.
How much evolution can you claim to have observed in the sport? This "evolution" is an ignorance birthed out of a lack of knowledge of the sports history. Let me ask you, and all of the "new sport" type fella's Who invented the feint? when? were? Why did it go away for so long? and who brought it back? When you can answer those questions correctly you can tell me how the sports evolved.

The sport goes in circles. It's an ancient sport that goes back thousands of years with no gaps in its use. If you believe there's absolutely anything new you can bring to the sport than your delusional. Do you honestly watch Klitschko brothers or their unders and think " yeah man, over 2,000 years of building and progressing has led to this"? Without the slightest bit of logic hinting that it's all been done before? Figure out were the term fisticuffs comes from and you'll find a Klitschko again.

Last edited by Marchegiano; 08-13-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: spelling...ugh probably missed some n e way....good night.