View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 107,713,299,368,482.72
Total Points: 113,715,981,013,379.78
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
Forget betting odds I don't think any real boxing fan considered Pacquiao and Winky underdogs in those fights. Hopkins and Tito were at worst an even fight to most boxing fans.

I also consider Hopkins to have been a bigger underdog against Tarver than against Pavlik.

oscar was expected to detonate pacquiao with the hook. manny was a huge dog. huge. probaly 4-7 to one.

he wasn't really even manny pacquiao yet
he was a beastly FW moving up who looked a little off against david diazo

there was honestly talk that his hard career and style was catching up to him and that he may be done, facing bigger men with a style unfit for it with power that we couldn't say for certain would carry (and wasn't expected to in anywhere near the capacity it has, even though manny is an ATG puncher at FW)

tito was a 3 to 1 fav against hopkins and was expected by most to win
hopkins run was made legitimate largely from his trinidad victory
he wasn't bernard hopkins yet

the fight fitting your bill is tyson getting dominated by buster douglas
42 - 1 dog in las vegas (a place that knows something about handicapping fights)

that's absolutely unheard of