View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Jim Jeffries
rugged individualist

Rep Power: 88 Jim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,289,114,453,705.47
Total Points: 73,289,116,226,569.42
U.S.A. Forever!!!!!!! - Mike Tyson77 Have a brew with your boy Pea, Jim.... - Shin Akuma have a gift.. - Miyagi To a very intelligent poster! - abosworth Republican Jockholder - alfonso13702 
merry xmas - msagrain Happy 10K Posts - Golden Boy 360 congrats on 10K jim...cheers - Makavelli 10,000!! - tyson 10k! - Equilibrium 
Too bad it ain't Cotto's Schlong!! - chicano79us Preach on!!! - -veteran420- have some san miguel - Akinapepemo have some san miguel - Akinapepemo yeah - BoxingTech718 
You get the Glen Beck award. Thanks for having my back brother - Mike Tyson77 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays  Jim.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* Sorry you're asian and ugly.  This will make you feel better. - robust_ 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - street bully AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

I reread my opening post and couldn't find anything to justify piglet's girly protests, I can only guess he didn't read it before menstruating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
Social Security is like a ponzi scheme, what im trying to say we're in a bad situation that just didnt stem this presidency but from presidencies before.
No doubt, but it's a ponzi scheme that would've lasted maybe two more decades if the SS Trust Fund box wasn't like the suitcase in Dumb and Dumber when they finally handed it to that chick, full of IOUs "every one of those is good as cash."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
I'm not. The inflated, automatic salaries that they get paid contributes a great deal to the reason why they are inefficient. Lets look back to the "near" Gov. shut down. They were willing to sacrifice the paychecks of those on the bottom rung(GS civ. and US Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen)here and abroad, safe or in harms way; but were not willing to sacrifice thier own paychecks as they live extremely comfortable day in and day out. And Jim you are ok with thier pay and benefits????????? How can you be??????????
You might be right Chief, a cut might make them more responsible with other people's money. I was just looking at the total of their pay and benefits being a drop in the bucket of overspending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siablo14 View Post
I heard that more is being paid out than what is being collected that is why the SS Fund seems inadequate.
Who knows when the fund was emptied, but I didn't think we'd get to the point when more was being paid out than was coming in until the bulk of Baby Boomers reached eligibility age.

Quote:
exactly and they borrowed to prop it up with hopes of paying down the line when better times come
The road to hell is filled with good intentions. And I'm not sure very many politicians even have the best of intentions.

Quote:
I thought that only happens in Jamaica and let me tell you that's one of the few times all 60 parliamentarians vote in unison.
I think it's the only time our Congress ever has a unanimous vote as well.

Quote:
Good article. Yeah shrinking families and an aging population make things extremely difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
There is nothing wrong with Social Security it pays for itself. Where Americans have gone wrong is we allow our government to take our money and spend it on other thing. Solution, Separate the SS fund from the government budget completely, make it untouchable by corrupt Washington once more.
I'm all for separating it. But there is plenty wrong with Social Security. The ages are too low, we've got a huge block of people reaching retirement age, but without the population growth to fund them. Which might be okay if the money they paid in their whole lives was still there. And there are too many people, like that fat moron in the diaper, gaming the system, collecting disability.

Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 07-15-2011 at 12:32 PM..