View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Squizz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Squizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 250,072,497.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte89147 View Post
Did you seriously scored the Mayweather Oscar fight 7-5?
I think it was either 7-5 or 8-4 in favor of Floyd. Oscar wasn't landing much, but Floyd wasn't throwing ANYTHING for a lot of those rounds. I'm obviously not alone, because one of the judges scored it in favor of Oscar. (Which I disagree with.) I thought Floyd won a clear-cut decision, but there was a lot of close rounds. I tend to favor clean,effective punching when scoring rounds, and Floyd certainly landed the more telling blows. He just didn't land ENOUGH of them to make it the shutout some think it was.

I remember when the fight happened, on the net, a lot of people thought it was a really close fight, and scored it accordingly. Floyd wasn't pulling the trigger at all in the early going, and was getting bullied, and worked to the body. I can't give guys rounds when they don't do ANYTHING.

Ring generalship is a criteria for scoring rounds, but if you're dictating the pace, and not landing...........while your opponent is landing ugly shots, yet still throwing/landing more.........I have no choice but to give the round to the aggressor.

I always ask myself, "Who would I rather be at the end of that round?"